Saturday, September 7, 2013



Full marks for a Noble service!
5th of September is one day every student would look forward to.It is celebrated across India as the Teacher's Day.This is one day all the young minds make a bee line to wish their real idol. Their Class Teacher. The day starts  with the kid rushing off early to school with a broad smile on her face holding a bunch of colourful flowers or a card or a gift.

Once inside the class room waiting for her turn, one wonders what could probably be running on her little mind? 
Let's start guessing a bit.
"Oh,She's the best Teacher. No doubt."


" Mmm. There... She's noticed me!"  " Oh, I hope she likes my gift."

And soon after wishing their idols the students are busy rushing to make that a memorable day by getting on to the stage to sing, dance or present a short skit. The celebrations makes it's way to a hot snack break. They have got that day going the way they wanted. Full of fun.
The campus is filled with smiling faces yelling every now and then," Happy Teacher's Day!"

As a creative guy, I wanted to create some highly motivating concepts for my merchandising business which would highlight the hi energy the day would carry. I am not sure how it reflected as far as the sales were concerned at this point of writing this blog but I guess I did my best to add some energy to my illustrated designs which I have presented in this post.


While it's always fun to create or illustrate for any event/occasion involving the little ones, it's also a bit of a task too.Most often they walk into a shop with a predetermined purchase in mind and one has to do everything in a design to draw their attention. Once that's achieved, it's the parents turn to give in or to move away to a different section.

Well, what happens to the ones who have passed out of school, busy in a different enviornment? Do they stop for a second to think of their wonderful teacher on that day?
I guess, most of them do. 
I do. Everyday, particularly my art teacher.

Personally I had the great opportunity to showcase my drawings to the very one the Teacher's Day is named after. Dr.S.Radhakrishnan, the former Vice-President of India.
I still remember that day when my art teacher, the man who shaped my very life K.Sreenivasalu of the Besant Theosophical High School, Madras was keen to showcase my drawings to the Teacher of India! It was around noon and we were informed the previous day itself that the Vice President was visiting our school. But little did I expect that he would be looking at my water colour drawings. The best part was that the photograph found a place in the school's annual book. Here it is. A black & white photo full of colourful memories.
Children by and large like to emulate their teacher. Once back home from school, they begin conducting classes to the toys or the pets or the parents at home. They try their best to behave like their teacher right from the mannerism or the tone of voice. They run through whatever they learnt that day, ofcourse as a teacher at home.

Oh, dear Teacher,you might have just one day in a year as your day. But it is Teacher's day everyday at every home. Full marks to you, indeed!

STUDENT
Defunition- Someone who is studying in order to enter a particular profession but ends up identifying alternate careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment